PFA Ireland is currently recruiting for the role of a Player Development Manager.
PFA Ireland is the the sole representative body of professional footballers playing in the SSE Airtricity League and also with membership from both the Men's and Women's senior international team.
The role is an 18 month contract and will entail enhancing the well being of the professional player both on and off the field. This will include creating a career plan for life outside of football as well as helping them to cope with the demands of being a professional athlete. The successful applicant will be required to create a Player Development Program and this will be done through a combination of club visits and 1v1 meetings.
The successful applicant should have the following;
· Educated to degree level, preferably in a discipline relevant to the role
· Full understanding of educational systems/frameworks
· Knowledge of labour market, career paths and career transitions
· Have experience in professional/elite athlete environment
· Excellent listening and communication skills
· Experience at delivering group presentations
· Ability to recognise mental health issues
· Capable of building networks and relationships
· Full clean driving licence and car owner
· Strong IT skills
· Highly motivated and work off own initiative
· Knowledge of available funding and grants in career development
· Other roles as directed by General Secretary from time to time
Interested applicants should send their CV along with a brief cover letter to email@example.com by close of business on Thursday 11 April.